Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 4: Something Green

This is a picture Kara took with my camera while we were raking hay out on the farm! I absolutely Love visiting "the farm" aka Thad & Kara! Miss you! This post is for you! ;)












Speaking of "The Farm"... Here is a snippet of life on the farm, with Green things :)





Raking Hay 101:






First: you get instructions from the hubby...










Second: you break out the Pop Ice out of the cooler! *(yes we sit Three people on an no cab tractor- its the way to do things!)



Third: you watch the GREEN tractor bale a few rows over...








There it comes... The baler giving birth to the bale. ;)



Forth: you just sit, hang out and relax as you rake up the hay!










Fifth: you jump off the GREEN tractor to pick up the pop ice cooler that you dropped previously... Quick before I run you over!



Sixth: You watch the GREEN tractor's - birthing baler get some assistance...
Not quite sure what is going on here with the birthing baler, this could be the epideral?




Seventh: You are done raking so you check with the hubby, driving the GREEN tractor to see what all he needs us to pick up at Rural King- a cool farm store that gives out free popcorn! ;)







Eigth: You look at the pretty field of freshly born hay bales.







Ninth: give your little brother-in-law a ride on the rake.

4 comments:

  1. Come back to the farm!! I miss you AND it's Harvest. Bring good ol' Mareesa and I'm sure we'll get a job quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! I would love it!!!!! Absoultly love it! It seems like forever ago since we came out there, but I guess in all reality It was just a month. haha And hey, we do our jobs pretty well I'd say.... like switching the forks on the skid steer, I'll come back for another ride in the bucket don't you worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that I can now comment!!! Miranda, I always say that one of the best days I ever spent was a cold, rainy evening when I rode in the combine with my friend and her dad! We went back to their home and had a farmer's meal...apple pit and all!!! It was SOOO FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was hysterical. Made me laugh. I love reading your blog. It is so creative and you have a way with words.
    Ashley Zim

    ReplyDelete